1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question ldap_search_s() error via C API

Does anyone know why I get an "Operations Error" when I try and search the directory via ldap_search_s() in the C API?

The only way i get a result back is if a specify NULL for the DN and FILTER, and set the scope as the LDAP_SCOPE_BASE. This will print out the contents of the node at the "RootDSE", not the "Domain" naming context which I want.

How do I reference the "Domain" naming context instead?

Thanks!
    bubby
  3. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

care to post the code you're trying?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile

Originally Posted by bubby
    Does anyone know why I get an "Operations Error" when I try and search the directory via ldap_search_s() in the C API?

The only way i get a result back is if a specify NULL for the DN and FILTER, and set the scope as the LDAP_SCOPE_BASE. This will print out the contents of the node at the "RootDSE", not the "Domain" naming context which I want.

How do I reference the "Domain" naming context instead?

Thanks!
    bubby
    Nevermind. I figured it out. I need to authenticate to the directory with the appropriate credentials. I was binding to the directory using NULL as the ID/pwd. Doing it this way only allows me access to the RootDSE. After reading a bit, I found that you have to use valid credentials, other than NULL, to see the Domain subtree.

Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo