1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ldap password update on OS X Open Directory w/PHP

Hello All,

Anyone know how to change OS X Open Directory password using php ldap_mod_replace.

This is what I am using and it is updating the userPassword entry but I cannot authenticate with the new password.

PHP Code:
    $encodedPass "{SHA}" base64_encodepack"H*"sha1$pass ) ) );
    $r=ldap_mod_replace($ldapconn,"uid=".$username.",cn=users,dc=server,dc=domain,dc=com"$info); 
    Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Hate to bump a year-old thread, but with no response and no solution...

So did the OP find a fix for this? I'm having the same problems:
    1. I can connect to the SSL ldaps://domain:636 and bind with any proper user. I bind with the user whose password is to change.
    2. I've tried to modify the password with ldap_mod_replace and ldap_modify. They both return true as if they have succeeded, but I can't log in with the new password.
    3. I've also tried to change the password with a superadmin login, but the modify function return true as if it succeeded, but I still can't log in with the new password.

I'm using Mac 10.6 Server, PHP 5.3 and LDAP V3.

My next step is to use ldap_mod_del and add to delete the old password, then add the new password. But I'm pretty sure that will fail too.

Sooo...any suggestions?
  5. No Profile Picture

Check out my blog, blog dot galensprague dot com for some hints with this. I have a password php app, and a forgot password app.

Also with 10.6 server you can just turn on the wiki service and all users can update there password through there instead.

Hope this helps!
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks, but I was hoping to be able to keep it in php, and not resort to exec for system calls to change the password. I like the code other than that though

I can't see any good reason that ldap_mod_replace shouldn't work. This is so very frustrating...
  9. No Profile Picture

I'm pretty sure that would be a security issue. I think that is why I did it that way.
  11. No Profile Picture

That's what I ended up doing too, but with shell_exec and making sure to escapeshellarg and escapeshellcmd the necessary bits.

It still bothers me that I couldn't do it with the ldap functions. Ah, well.

In the end, it works. That is ultimately the goal after all, no? I still think permissions will be the death of me.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo