1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

can't upgrade to redhat 7.2 -- so that I can re-install the os again..

can't upgrade to redhat 7.2 -- so that I can re-install the os again..
    My 20 G was upgrade from upgrade from 6.0 to 7.2 and was running very nicely and then the OS ( largely were corrupted).

Even it was redhat 7.2, I had had re-upgade as many times as time. But now I can't.

during the upgrade option that I choose it has

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

error enabling swap device hda10 invlaide argument.
    This most likley means the swap partition has not be been initialized" press ok restart your system"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to keep the original partition as they are many many important files there.

I tried the "install-customer" option and keep all the partition untouch.

quote:

count not allocate the requested partitions.
    partition failed . count not allocate partition as primary partitions.

any ideas, I must need to reserve the files /home/people's directory....etc

TIA.
    regards,

wish to use AT 89c51 single chip computer to do remote sensing and send the data back from woods to office via nokie 3330 and internet. HOW?
    first I must revise C program thro' example, what's next?
  3. Wiking
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Backup your important files to some external device, such as a tape, cdrom, another harddrive etc. Then just wipe the disk and start installing...
    You can't expect to do a clean install and at the same time keep all settings, files etc.

//NoXcuz
    UN*X is sexy!
    who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I can't bring it up normally; if I used "linux rescue" from the boot disc.

I can see all the "valuable" files. I do not a way to back up all that files. I tried to /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb restart. But there is error stmt and I have forgot to jot that down.
    regards,

wish to use AT 89c51 single chip computer to do remote sensing and send the data back from woods to office via nokie 3330 and internet. HOW?
    first I must revise C program thro' example, what's next?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo