1. watch for flying fingers
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Change repository hostname of a checked-out svn wkdir

I have a website that I use subversion to keep track of development on. My live site is just a subversion working directory. But now the hostname of my repository has been changed, and the IP address is dynamic, so adding a line to hosts won't fix this. I really just need to figure out a way of changing the hostname that subversion queries without having to delete and re-checkout the repository. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? If I could even set up something that forwards requests to hostname1 to hostname2 on my box, that would be fine, I just can't specify a static IP.

ETA: Oops, I figured it out. Sorry! I just edited .svn/entries.
    Last edited by linuxChique; February 25th, 2008 at 08:58 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

For the benefit of others that may find this (like I did), the easier way is via: svn relocate

[edit] And if your svn client is older and doesn't have that command, svn switch --relocate will do the trick too.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

1. don't edit .svn/entries file manually, or you will run the risk of damage them.
    2. "svn switch --relocate old_svnurl new_svnurl " really works new. I amusing really new Ubuntu sytem. it still don't have "svn relocate" option.
    3. Is the IP address of your svn server dynamic? if not, add host name if in /etc/hosts is as ok, if yes, the host name can alway be resovled to the correct ip of it? please talk to IT guy about it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo