1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy changing firewall ruls

Hi guys,

Im pretty new with linux. At the moment im running RedHad 7.2. During the installation i chosed for High level Firewall. Now im not able to open a SSH or FTP or ... session from outside to my PC. To change the firewall, run the Setup then went to Firewall configuration an replace the * form High to Medium. Then pushed OK and Quit. When i came back to see if it had indeed effect I saw that * is back automaticly on High option again!!! I tried for more couple of times -even tried the customize option- to change that option but it didn't work. It seems iv got no control on firewall rulles through Setup!!!

could u plz tel me what the reason could be?

As you can see above im using kernel 2.4. In case if i want to change the firewall rules by other way, do i have to reconfigure the ipchanins or iptables?

Tahx,
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

There is no universal firewall rulesets that can fit everyone needs. So you should invest some time and effort on configuring a custom ruleset and forget what High level or whatever level. Not to mention when Redhat doesn't have a good security record for secure by default.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo