1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Where should I create my PHP in Linux?

Hi there folks, I'm new to Linux and I got a distro of Redhat 9, I really found Linux fun and challenging. I just want to know if what IDE or package should I install to create PHP websites and applications. and by the way, where can i find the command shell? i mean like in windows, it is the command prompt, so that I can make configuration easier . tnx in advance
  3. Introspective
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

if you're looking for a text editor, you have most probably started a long and passionate debate.. but for simple gui stuff on Redhat, you can't go wrong with Gedit (which I think is already installed), or for vi keys gry gvim. However if you want a full blown IDE, then you should probably go and search the PHP forum to see what those guys have to say.

christo
    This is me: http://chris.uk.com
  5. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I use gPHPEdit for the PHP coding and Bluefish for the HTML/design. Nice little software things. The command shell (in GNOME) is under Applications > System > Terminal, or you can run "xterm" (or gnome-terminal, konsole, Eterm {if you have it}, whatever suits you.)
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo