Thread: Cronjob madness

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cronjob madness

I get an email for each time a cron job is ran? Is there anyway to stop that?
  3. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)
  5. IT Dept Scapegoat

Thx Alexgreg. I use php on the cli to backup mysql databases, and even though I have > /dev/null I get duplicate function errors. It still runs, so I had been ignoring it, but now I won't get the stderr emailed to me.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

I get duplicate function errors
    The right way would be correcting your code instead of supressing the error messages...
    If you donīt want to do that, the workarounds are:

The php way: "error_reporting(E_NONE)";
    The shell way: "2>/dev/null" after your ">/dev/null"
    Or disable *all* cron messages: add "MAILTO=" at the beginning of the contab
  9. IT Dept Scapegoat

Well, you're right, fixing things is the way to go, I just haven't had time, especially when everything is working, and the error messages seem extraneous. I think it's related to the fact that I'm calling /usr/bin/php, and it's already running via apache...
  11. Full Access

I think it's related to the fact that I'm calling /usr/bin/php, and it's already running via apache...
    Wrong assumption. Calling /usr/bin/php starts up a new PHP process with no relation to the PHP running inside Apache. The error is due to the fact that you are defining a function twice.
    Alex
  13. IT Dept Scapegoat

Well, that's what I originally thought, too. My script was something I downloaded from phpfreaks and changed a bit.

BUT... when I went into the script to track it down, I realized there are NO functions in it. hmmmm... well the top line of the script reads:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/php -q
    I decided to try just invoking php from the cli using the same command, and I get the error messages, all pertaining to mysql. I'm pretty sure it's every mysql function, too.

In any event, it's puzzling and bothersome, but it hasn't elevated itself above gotta-do things (yet). Right now, it's only something I'd LIKE to fix.

Still, if you have any ideas, I would be grateful!
  15. Full Access

Still, if you have any ideas, I would be grateful!
    You'll need to provide the script, and the exact error message(s) you get.
    Alex
  17. IT Dept Scapegoat

I can do that.
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/php -q
    <?php

// configure your database variables below:
    $dbhost = 'localhost'; // Server address of your MySQL Server
    $dbuser = 'root'; // Username to access MySQL database
    $dbpass = 'mypass'; // Password to access MySQL database
    $dbname = 'mydb'; // Database Name

// Optional Options You May Optionally Configure

$use_gzip = "yes";  // Set to No if you don't want the files sent in .gz format
    $remove_sql_file = "yes"; // Set this to yes if you want to remove the .sql file after gzipping. Yes is recommended.
    $remove_gzip_file = "no"; // Set this to yes if you want to delete the gzip file also. I recommend leaving it to "no"

// Configure the path that this script resides on your server.

$savepath = "/mnt/hawk"; // Full path to this directory. Do not use trailing slash!

$send_email_w_file = "no";  // Do you want this database backup sent to your email? Fill out the next 2 lines
    $to = "furmanc@empirekosher.com";  // Who to send the emails to
    $from = "backup@empirekosher.com"; // Who should the emails be sent from?
    $senddate = date("j F Y");
    $subject = "MySQL Database Backup - $senddate"; // Subject in the email to be sent.
    $headers = "From: $from";
    if ($send_email_w_file == "yes") {
    	$message = "Your db has been backed up and attached.";
    } else {
    	$message = "Your db has been backed up and placed in $savepath.";
    }

$use_ftp = "no"; // Do you want this database backup uploaded to an ftp server? Fill out the next 4 lines
    $ftp_server = "localhost"; // FTP hostname
    $ftp_user_name = "ftp_username"; // FTP username
    $ftp_user_pass = "ftp_password"; // FTP password
    $ftp_path = "/"; // This is the path to upload on your ftp server!

// Do not Modify below this line! It will void your warranty!

$date = date("mdy-hia");
    	$filename = "$savepath/$dbname-$date.sql";	
    	passthru("mysqldump --opt -h$dbhost -u$dbuser -p$dbpass $dbname >$filename");

if($use_gzip=="yes"){
    		$zipline = "tar -czf ".$dbname."-".$date."_sql.tar.gz $dbname-$date.sql";
    		shell_exec($zipline);
    	}
    	if($remove_sql_file=="yes"){
    		exec("rm -r -f $filename");
    	}

if($use_gzip=="yes"){
    		$filename2 = "$savepath/".$dbname."-".$date."_sql.tar.gz";
    	} else {
    		$filename2 = "$savepath/$dbname-$date.sql";
    	}

if($send_email_w_file == "yes" ){
    		$fileatt_type = filetype($filename2);
    		$fileatt_name = "".$dbname."-".$date."_sql.tar.gz";

// Read the file to be attached ('rb' = read binary)
    		$file = fopen($filename2,'rb');
    		$data = fread($file,filesize($filename2));
    		fclose($file);

// Generate a boundary string
    		$semi_rand = md5(time());
    		$mime_boundary = "==Multipart_Boundary_x{$semi_rand}x";

// Add the headers for a file attachment
    		$headers .= "\nMIME-Version: 1.0\n" ."Content-Type: multipart/mixed;\n" ." boundary=\"{$mime_boundary}\"";

// Add a multipart boundary above the plain message
    		$message = "This is a multi-part message in MIME format.\n\n" ."--{$mime_boundary}\n" ."Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"\n" ."Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit\n\n" .
    		$message . "\n\n";

// Base64 encode the file data
    		$data = chunk_split(base64_encode($data));

// Add file attachment to the message
    		$message .= "--{$mime_boundary}\n" ."Content-Type: {$fileatt_type};\n" ." name=\"{$fileatt_name}\"\n" ."Content-Disposition: attachment;\n" ." filename=\"{$fileatt_name}\"\n" ."Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64\n\n" .
    		$data . "\n\n" ."--{$mime_boundary}--\n";
    	}
    	// Send the message
    	$ok = @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
    	if ($ok) {
    		echo "<h4><center>Database backup created and sent! File name $filename2</center></h4>";
    	} else {
    		echo "<h4><center>Mail could not be sent. Sorry!</center></h4>";
    	}

if($use_ftp == "yes"){
    		$ftpconnect = "ncftpput -u $ftp_user_name -p $ftp_user_pass -d debsender_ftplog.log -e dbsender_ftplog2.log -a -E -V $ftp_server $ftp_path $filename2";
    		shell_exec($ftpconnect);
    		echo "<h4><center>$filename2 Was created and uploaded to your FTP server!</center></h4>";

}

if($remove_gzip_file=="yes"){
    		exec("rm -r -f $filename2");
    	}

?>
    Error messages:
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_connect in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_pconnect in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_close in Unknown
    on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_select_db in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_create_db in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_drop_db in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_query in Unknown
    on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_unbuffered_query
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_db_query in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_list_dbs in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_list_tables in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_list_fields in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_error in Unknown
    on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_errno in Unknown
    on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_affected_rows in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_insert_id in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_result in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_num_rows in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_num_fields in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_row in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_array in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_assoc in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_object in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_data_seek in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_lengths in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fetch_field in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_seek in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_free_result in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_name in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_table in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_len in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_type in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_field_flags in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_escape_string in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_get_client_info
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_get_host_info in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_get_proto_info
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_get_server_info
    in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql in Unknown on
    line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fieldname in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fieldtable in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fieldlen in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fieldtype in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_fieldflags in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_selectdb in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_createdb in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_dropdb in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_freeresult in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_numfields in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_numrows in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_listdbs in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_listtables in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_listfields in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_db_name in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_dbname in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - mysql_tablename in
    Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning:  mysql:  Unable to register functions, unable to load in Unknown on line 0
    Thanks,
    CF
  19. Full Access

I had this problem a while ago - it was related to my php.ini. Do similar errors appear in your Apache ErrorLog when you restart it?

Post your php.ini file (as an attachment, please!).
    Alex
  21. IT Dept Scapegoat

Alex,

Thx, man. Yes, as a matter of fact, I do get these errors when I restart apache.

Here is my php.ini.
    Attached Files
    Thanks,
    CF

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo