1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Query died: fusername: Table 'rsmembers.User' doesn't exist

Hey guys, I just purchased a new server and loaded it with Ubunut server 10. I installed apache2, php5, and mysql5. apache needs a little bit of configuration left (I need to tell it to accept index.php in addition to index.html), but other than that, all the php is working. MySQL is working as well, at least on the server. If I do a "show databases;", it shows all the databases properly. I loaded phpmyadmin on the server for testing, but I'll be removing it once everything works - this is my production server. phpMyAdmin can find all the tables, perform successful queries, and do everything I want it to,
    HOWEVER
    If I try to use the login page, I get the error mentioned in the title of this thread.

The database is a carbon copy from my development server, which works flawlessly. All the php and html pages are exactly as they are on the development server too, yet I still get that error. I've reloaded all pertinent programs (apparmor, apache2, and mysql). Apparmor was because I had to declare some new lines for mysql to access a different location for the DBs

Anyone ever had to deal with this? I resolved the "can't load InnoDB issue", but this one is stumping me.

Thanks
    -Neil
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

RESOLVED:

So apparently linux mysql/php/apache is much more picky when it comes to capitalization. On my dev server, 'User' was capitalized, even though the table name was user, and it still worked. On the new server, mysql didn't like that, so I had to modify my php and take out all the improper capitalization.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo