1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Remove old files

how to write a shell script, that should be find the 2 months old files(location ex:/home/gowtham).The file names are saved with the format of date(example for a file name is monthdayyear,04062013,04072013).The script can find only 2 months old files,names are like 04062013 and remaining files are not need in the output.
    please provide a solution for the problem……….

Thanks
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    man find and look at the ctime and mtime options.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the find output will be show only dated names files(ex:MonthDayYear,04072013 only thi

Thanks Scorpions4ever for ur quick reply

but

how to find or list (write a shell script), that should be find the 2 months old files(location ex:/home/gowtham).The file names are saved with the format of date(example for a file name is monthdayyear,04062013,04072013).The script can find only 2 months old files,names are like 04062013 and remaining files are not need in the output.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

This is NOT the "Do This For Me" forum....This is the "You do the work yourself and we'll try to help you along the way" forum.

So, please make an attempt, yourself, to write this and someone like Scorpions4ever will most likely be able to "guide" you along the way.
  9. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Originally Posted by jayapal
    Thanks Scorpions4ever for ur quick reply

but

how to find or list (write a shell script), that should be find the 2 months old files(location ex:/home/gowtham).The file names are saved with the format of date(example for a file name is monthdayyear,04062013,04072013).The script can find only 2 months old files,names are like 04062013 and remaining files are not need in the output.
    Did you even read my reply and look at the man page like I suggested?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo