1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Voice Recognition OS?

Hello, I'm new to this forum so if i'm violating any criteria I'm sorry. To get to the point I was wondering if anyone has attempted developing a user friendly full-out voice-recognition Operating System. The closest that I've seen would be SIRI but that's a simple iOS feature and dragonspeak but that is designed for dictations.

It would be a lofty goal, however I think it's bound to be created at some point. Imagine your computer reminding you of events, searching the web optimally, running programs, even starting up, all via a few voice commands as if you were talking to your wife. What do you guys think about this concept? Is it too far-fetched?

Thanks, Peter.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Google is doing it with Google Glass. I don't have high expectations for it. Voice recognition is not good enough to actually be generally useful yet. It's useful for a few specific purposes, but as far as general control of a computer system, no. It will happen some day, but I expect it'll be one or two decades before its useful and widespread.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo