1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Gringo
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Wahooo! Got them to use Linux w/ Apache versus NT w/IIS

My MIS is changing to Red Hat 7.2 versus NT4 and IIS. I'm pretty happy to get to use Linux at my day job. The only problem is that I will be "stuck" to install it, I only installed 2 versions of Linux before. But at least this is for an intranet so security won't have to be so tight.

I also changed our hosting services to one that uses Unix/Apache versus the Netscape Entreprise server the other provider had. I've converted my people to Open Source. I hope they give me enough time to learn this stuff. I hope to be a good providing member of the open source community in the next 5 years (time givin to be a full blown nerd )

Thanks for letting me rant!
    Still don't know how to do a "Hello World"?
  3. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Good to hear! Why not freebsd? (I figured I'd beat freebsd (the user) to the punch. . .<joke>)

Keep in mind- just because you're becoming a geek doesn't mean you have to like Star Trek, anime, Slashdot, or washing infrequently. . .
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Gringo
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

LOL I always liked Star Trek
  7. Wacky hack
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Yeah, I mean I don't like anime.. and... oh darn, you've pinned me down on the others lol

Well done though - I only got a gnu/linux server box in my company by putting it there without upper management's permission, then showing them the end product and watching their faces light up (it got accepted )
  9. Wiking
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Heh, me thinks that the world needs more open source, so I can only congratulate you...

//NoXcuz
    UN*X is sexy!
    who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo