1. Born Looser
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Can I access Lin Partition from Win part

I was wondering whether I can access My Linux Program from my Win Partition. Actually I do no have Adobe on My Win Part and I am a job less Guy who is unable to purcahse Ice creams But always want softwares on my machine and don't have Cable connection to download GIMP for win. Can I in anyway access my Lin Programs on my Lin Part from Win Part
    Kumar Chetan Sharma
    -----

_SelfProcclaimedGuru
    Hire a LAMP guy.
    To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.
  3. Modding: Oracle MsSQL Firebird
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you want to run a lin program in win, I think it's impossible.
    If you want to run a win program in lin try WINE.
    If you want to access a file in lin from win you can use http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=ext2+...ction=projects
    If you want to create pdf in win use ghostscript+ghostview
    Hope this helps!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

if you have 2 pcs, there is x-servers / clients for windows.

on one pc, you could have a look at vmware. but each is probably bigger to download (and harder to use) than gimp for windows.
  7. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

If you have two pcs, one running linux and one running windows, my favorite solution for this is vnc, which is basically an open-source, improved version of PCAnywhere, that combines some of Citrix Metaframe's functionality.

It really is very, very cool. You can access a virtual desktop from a linux machine on a windows machine (or vice versa, it's that cool), run it in fullscreen, and if you're on a local network you'll hardly be able to tell that you aren't on the linux box.

do a google search for "vnc" and you'll get it. It rocks. It's lightweight and very functional.
  9. Born Looser
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs down oooooopppsssss

Windows is really not that much friendly with Linux. (Man this thing sucks )

Anyway I am able to access my data from anywhere in Lin part. It was as easy as wrting some code into fstab file. But Man I hate Downloading MB's from my Dialup Connection
    Kumar Chetan Sharma
    -----

_SelfProcclaimedGuru
    Hire a LAMP guy.
    To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human, it is downright natural.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo