1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

make depend error 127????

Ok, i am new to linux. I am trying to install cyrus imap server.

I did the ./configure just like the doc's said to.

Then i did the make depend. Now, i dont understand anything that it said, but there was an error at the end of the command. This is what it said:

### Making depend in /tmp/cyrus imap/cyrus-imapd-2.1.4/sieve
    make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/cyrus imap/cyrus-imapd-2.1.4/sieve'
    /tmp/cyrus imap/cyrus-imapd-2.1.4/tools/not-mkdep -I. -I.. -I. -I./../lib -I./../et -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -g -O2 *.c *.y ./*.y ./*.c 1>makedepend.log 2>&1
    make[1]: *** [depend] Error 127
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/cyrus imap/cyrus-imapd-2.1.4/sieve'
    make: *** [depend] Error 1
    What is error 127 and error 1? Should i go on and do the make all and make install? Thanks for any advice you could give.

-Mr.K
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

you cannot go on since the dependencies are necessary for the compilation process.

i advise you not to compile from source at all if you are new to linux. youŽll face many other problems soon.
    better get the binary RPM from your distributor or the programmerŽs homepage.

if you still want to go on:
    did ./configure tell you about missing things? since the software tries to use its own program for making dependencies, maybe parts of your c-compiler are missing...
    maybe you also need bison, yacc or some other parser. (is "*.y" yacc? i dunno.)
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yea, i think ill just stick with the rpm. But not even that will work. It says it needs libopenssl0. When i try to install the libopenssl rpm, it says "requiers libopenssl0 to install" lol. Anyway, ill figure something out. Thanks!

-Mr.K
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

a rpm that provides AND requires the same?

maybe libssl0 is different from libssl. another package, thus the "0". try this: rpm --whatprovides libssl.rpm this will tell you which tags are provided if it is also "libssl0" then your package must be corrupt. i cannot think of any other reason why this could be possible.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo