1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pattern Matching For Date and Long/Lati

Need help...
    in pattern matching for Date(mm/dd/yy , dd/mm/yy)and latitude/longitude
    I have tried as bellow but date will be matched as lat/lng because of delimiter "/"
    Date should have delimiter as [/ - ] and lat/long should have [ , : ; /]
    dbarray=( 8/Dec/2010@@@456/1145@@@-@@@- )
    for i in ${dbarray[@]}; do
    if [[ $i =~ ^({(0[1-9]|1[012]|\D)\.(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])\.(19/20)[0-9]+$})|^({(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])\.(0[1-9]|1[012]|\D)\.(19|20)[0-9]+$}) ]]; then
    elif [[ $i =~ (^[0-9]+).+([0-9]+)$ ]]; then
    Can anybody help me out from this... to test Date and long/latitude correctly !
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Your requirement is ... well, horrible! Matching dates is bad enough without rolling in the fact that you'll accept dd/mm as well as mm/dd, with the month component also being an alpha abbreviation and the day having, or not, a leading zero.
    I made a start, but gave up when my eyes started bleeding from trying to match up all the brackets as I started to build up the needed regex: and that was until (but not including the first year field!).
    Don't try and be clever is my suggestion - go for basic checks and assume that the data is good, so look for 1 or 2 numerics, followed by a / or -, then one or two numerics (or 3 alpha) followed by a / or -, then 2 or 4 numerics and assume if that pattern matches it's a date, and so on.
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo