1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Operating System concepts

hi,

i got job recently in a company which provide a product for data backup and data recovery... as this product is wrriten in c++ am working in c++.. now am under training and i want to learn about Operating System concepts and OS programming using c and c++. i know basic c and c++ programming concepts.... so could u suggest some e-book or link where i can learn all about Operating System from scratch to advanced Operating system concept.. I mean i should get through knowledge in OS ,how it executing, what are the various OS implementation methods and i should be good enough to write my own OS code. then i also want to know about kernel and shell scripting and i like linux very much. so where can i get source code for linux and full explanation for Linux Source code. for that i want ur help, please guide me from where should i start and how to go about these things ....so guys please help me....thanks in advance. Posted Image Posted Image am eagerly waiting for ur responce
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I learned most of my OS programming from a few books:
    (1) Lions Commentry on UNIX 6th Edition - While not linux specific, it does go into some history of *NIX and teaches some good programming techniques. Besides the code is written by the inventors of C!

(2) Operating System Design and Implementation - Another useful book to learn about OS concepts, but doesn't deal with Linux directly.

(3) Linux Kernel Development

(4) Linux Device Drivers - This is a free book, as the latest edition is the 4th edition and they offer the previous editions for free.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture

hi Scorpions4ever,

Thanks a lot man !!!.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you want you can study operating system in C Language.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo