Thread: Crontab

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Crontab

hi guys,

does anyone knows if there are any limitations on crojobs? because i had 2 cronjobs and only the first one was working.
    Am i allowed only to use one crojob?

My cronjobs:
    Code:
    00 05 * * 1-5 /home/andreas/Backup_Project/master.pl
    00 06 * * 1-5 /home/andreas/Backup_Project/master10.pl
    Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You can pretty much have as many as you wish. Check the cron log (location should be mentioned in the man pages) and the mail for the user the crontab is for and any log files the script uses.
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks. I want to ask you something else. Do you know how can i remove all crontab files and add new one? Because since i added a second cronjob it stopped working, even when i removed the 2nd one still is not working. So i would like to remove all cronjobs and install new ones.

Originally Posted by SimonJM
    You can pretty much have as many as you wish. Check the cron log (location should be mentioned in the man pages) and the mail for the user the crontab is for and any log files the script uses.
  7. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Smells like you broke something else in the cron file, like an environment or path variable setting or something like that, which is now causing both scripts to fail. crontabs normally send the output of the scripts to your email (or if you have a MAILTO="" line in your crontab file, it will send to the address specified in there), so you should check the mail and see why the scripts are failing.

You edit your crontab file using crontab -e and add/delete entries as needed.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo