1. Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Installing 'pymysql' module manually in my shell account

Hello can someone that is experienced with linux install the 'pymysql' module for me in my jailed linxu host enviroment because i dont have the expretise to do it myself and supports ask me for money?

Please someone accept, this is the reply i got form support. but ic ant afford to pay.

==========
    Hello again,

Per your request, a virtual environment has been created for you. You can find local Python binaries in:

/home/nikos/bin

Unfortunately the pymysql module cannot be installed using pip or easy_install and must be installed manually. There is no indication that this module in any way requires Python 3. Is there a particular reason you must use Python 3 instead of a version which supports the modules that you need? Given that the modules you need are better supported by earlier versions of Python, it's not clear to me why we're trying to use Python 3 instead.

If you would still like us to proceed with manually installing the pymysql module for the local version of Python under the nikos account, we will be happy to give it a try but there will be a one-time charge of $35.00 for the installation. I would recommend using an earlier version of Python which is compatible with the modules that you need, but it is certainly up to you. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
    ===========

I can provice you with user and pass to connect to my remote shell to install htis if someone want.

please accepot because i cannot wpork without that module.
    What is now proved was once only imagined!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I found THIS to help you do it yourself.
    Just follow it step-by-step [and disregard the word "WebFaction" in the description].

the steps to follow are:

Code:
    mkdir -p ~/bin ~/tmp ~/lib/python3.2 ~/src
    export TMPDIR=~/tmp
    wget -O ~/bin/2to3 http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/60c831305e73/Tools/scripts/2to3
    chmod 700 ~/bin/2to3
    cd ~/src
    git clone https://github.com/petehunt/PyMySQL.git
    cd PyMySQL/
    ./build-py3k.sh
    cd py3k/
    python3.2 setup.py install --install-lib=$HOME/lib/python3.2 --install-scripts=$HOME/bin
    Each Line is a separate command, so, after typing each line, just press Enter and type in next command, and so on.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

thanks a million! i appeciate it!
    What is now proved was once only imagined!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo