#1
  1. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    2042

    Problem compiling Electroneum Daemon...


    Hey guys,

    I'm not much of a linux user, but I'm trying to set a project up that I thought would be
    fairly straightforward so I just dived right in and it's doing my head in! :/

    I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, if it's not, please accept my apologies and let
    me know where it should be so I can move it there!

    So, I'm trying to compile this project: https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum

    I've met or exceeded all the required packages and versions from what I can tell, but
    when I clone that repo and run the "make" command as instructed, it just fails about
    half way throught the build. I've attached a screenshot of the output where it breaks.

    I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 and it's fully updated. I don't really know what to look for
    to fix this, so if there's any other details you need to help, let me know and I'll post
    whatever I can.


    Cheers,

    --Jon.
    Attached Images
    Support requests via PM will be ignored!
    Read These: The General Rules Thread | The General FAQ Thread | NEW USERS - How to post a question

  2. #2
  3. Contributed User
    Devshed Specialist (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,478
    Rep Power
    1875
    Yeah, I got the same error on the master branch.

    I did a search through all previous commits to see where it's mentioned.
    Code:
    $ git grep DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1 $(git rev-list --all)
    53f8b3fa5a382fcb29e9fa7e10b4425cf82d7ce5:src/cryptonote_config.h:#define DIFFICULTY_BLOCKS_ESTIMATE_TIMESPAN             DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1 //just alias; used by tests
    << snip for brevity >>
    c328163ffa28fee3236ddc7a958a50cede727ba6:src/cryptonote_config.h:#define DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1                            60  // seconds - before first fork
    It looks like the c32816 commit looks like a good bet.

    Investigating with qgit shows the following.electroneum-qgit.png
    The c32816 commit is at the head of remotes/origin/release-v0.11.0.0

    So with that, I did
    Code:
    git checkout remotes/origin/release-v0.11.0.0
    make -j8
    and got a successful compile.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper
  4. #3
  5. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    2042
    Hey mate,

    Thanks for replying, I really appreciate the help.

    I tried what you suggested and it got a bit further, but the compile still failed.

    Any more thoughts?


    Cheers,

    --Jon.
    Attached Images
    Support requests via PM will be ignored!
    Read These: The General Rules Thread | The General FAQ Thread | NEW USERS - How to post a question

  6. #4
  7. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    2042
    Oh actually, nevermind - I ran make without the -j8 option and it compiled successfully!

    Thanks so much for your help - I'm sure I'll probly need a bit more soon though!


    Cheers,

    --Jon.
    Support requests via PM will be ignored!
    Read These: The General Rules Thread | The General FAQ Thread | NEW USERS - How to post a question

  8. #5
  9. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Posts
    10,166
    Rep Power
    2042
    Originally Posted by salem
    Yeah, I got the same error on the master branch.

    I did a search through all previous commits to see where it's mentioned.
    Code:
    $ git grep DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1 $(git rev-list --all)
    53f8b3fa5a382fcb29e9fa7e10b4425cf82d7ce5:src/cryptonote_config.h:#define DIFFICULTY_BLOCKS_ESTIMATE_TIMESPAN             DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1 //just alias; used by tests
    << snip for brevity >>
    c328163ffa28fee3236ddc7a958a50cede727ba6:src/cryptonote_config.h:#define DIFFICULTY_TARGET_V1                            60  // seconds - before first fork
    It looks like the c32816 commit looks like a good bet.

    Investigating with qgit shows the following.electroneum-qgit.png
    The c32816 commit is at the head of remotes/origin/release-v0.11.0.0

    So with that, I did
    Code:
    git checkout remotes/origin/release-v0.11.0.0
    make -j8
    and got a successful compile.
    Once you compiled it, were you able to successfully start the daemon and let it sync,
    or did you not try that? I've got it running now, but it won't seem to sync the blockchain
    for me...
    Support requests via PM will be ignored!
    Read These: The General Rules Thread | The General FAQ Thread | NEW USERS - How to post a question

  10. #6
  11. Contributed User
    Devshed Specialist (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,478
    Rep Power
    1875
    Sorry, I only got as far as compiling.

    I might be able to try this weekend, but time is very limited at the moment.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo