1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy PHP won't work on Mac 10.8 really struggling.

Hello. I just got a MacBook pro OS 10.8. I'm still new to development and can't get PHP to work on my Mac. It works perfect on my pc. (PC's old and practically broken)

I've tried the following:

Removed # sign from the correct place out of the file with all the load modules.

went through tutorials via youtube. They changed the setup process for the 10.8 and the process is totally different compared to the 10.7 and lower.

Installed XAMPP. started apache and the other stuff. Loaded the php file to my browser, and it just showed me the code.

I also tried stating apache directly from the command line.
    $ sudo apachectl start (I think)

I tried to use Vagrant, VirtualBox & Puppet to get a Linux server up, but I'm already so confused, I had no idea what to do once I had that stuff installed.

Can someone please help me? I've been struggling to get PHP on my computer for days.
  3. No Profile Picture

I'm not a mac user but Try wamp server.
    --------------------------
    If that does not help, there might server program on macs pre installed. Try disabling that(if it exist). That what happened on my windows 8 computer.
  5. No Profile Picture

PHP won't work

Hi JohnsCurry,

We run MAMP on our MAC machines. It works great for what we do. Very easy download and install.. The downloading is the longest part of the install.

Just make sure you have removed everything that you have tried before and do a nice clean install of MAMP.

Regards,
    Alex

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo