Thread: A problem

    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    A problem


    Hi guys
    I wanted to create a Local Mail server in spite of the Public Mail Server for the problem That We have a place that is remotely connected to a public network(Internet) and also main mail server is there.
    The problem was when this remote connection disconnected also mailserver will unreachable as usual.
    the crow want have the mails even main mailserver is unreachable.
    it is possible to do this with forwarding for receiving mails but or sending mails from local to out problem will show itself

    i think if there is a role as parent and child ut will be solved
    any body has any idea about this to solve the problem?
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45
    If I read your post correctly, you want to have access to your email on your local network even if the connection to the internet is down. Although I don't particularly see the point in doing that, the solution is quite simple. Set your email client to periodically (say every 15 minutes) check for new mail, and let it run continuously. You will then have all the latest email even if the internet connection goes down.

    If however, you are using Web Based email where everything is stored in the cloud, I don't see any solution.

    J.A. Coutts
    Last edited by couttsj; December 14th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by couttsj
    If I read your post correctly, you want to have access to your email on your local network even if the connection to the internet is down. Although I don't particularly see the point in doing that, the solution is quite simple. Set your email client to periodically (say every 15 minutes) check for new mail, and let it run continuously. You will then have all the latest email even if the internet connection goes down.

    If however, you are using Web Based email where everything is stored in the cloud, I don't see any solution.

    J.A. Coutts
    tnx to ur reply coutts

    yes u r right and this is solved but we want to plan a new mail domain localy instead of main mail domain and when a user want to send a mail from local to out the local mail domain translate to a main mail domain this is possible to done?
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    289
    Rep Power
    45
    Originally Posted by mpf2006
    tnx to ur reply coutts

    yes u r right and this is solved but we want to plan a new mail domain localy instead of main mail domain and when a user want to send a mail from local to out the local mail domain translate to a main mail domain this is possible to done?
    Yes, it is possible. You could theoretically install your own mail server, use the other server for relaying mail, and have each account on the other server forwarded to the new server. However, operating and maintaining a mail server is not a trivial task, and would involve a lot of time and effort on your part. I would not recommend it. Dealing with server abuse can be a very time consuming task.

    J.A. Coutts
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by couttsj
    Yes, it is possible. You could theoretically install your own mail server, use the other server for relaying mail, and have each account on the other server forwarded to the new server. However, operating and maintaining a mail server is not a trivial task, and would involve a lot of time and effort on your part. I would not recommend it. Dealing with server abuse can be a very time consuming task.

    J.A. Coutts
    Yes its not an Engineering task but this is the only way to solve the problem i will try to install this theory and inform u soon tnx

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo