1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need some basic insight here...

OK - I have an exchange server behind our ISA Firewall and all of our IP addresses are natted.

On rare occasion one of our emails get blocked and I am trying to figure out why. I have a sneaky suspicion is due to a listing on spews (see below)

We have multiple domains such as internetseer.com, brandywine.com and a few more that we send out email from.

Our external ip is 98.114.187.3

on our dns servers and I have an A record setup for internetseer.com called : exchange.internetseer.com that resolves to 98.114.187.3

for minddrivers I also have an A record called exchange.minddrivers.com that point to 98.114.187.3

I also have reverse dns records setup for exchange.internetseer.com and exchange.minddrivers.com that resolve to 98.114.187.3

one thing I discovered that annoys me is this: http://www.apews.org/?page=test&C=1403&E=383528&ip=98.114.187.3 - I don't know if this is important or not.

The MX record for both internetseer.com and minddrivers.com point to mailcheck.internetseer.com which has an A record and also a reverse dns record and that points to 65.36.241.122 which is our Spamtitan box located in a data center where we colo a number of our servers. The spam titan box forwards clean email to an ip I have defined to only listen to 65.36.241.122 and the firewall forwards those smtp connections to our exchange server located behind the firewall.

I 'd really like to get de-listed from spews but I don't understand what they're really indicating in their message.

do any of you have any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://www.apews.org/?page=faq

Search the page for "A42" to look at the section on getting removed. My personal opinion: There are a lot of sites that offer free spam filtering. Most are pretty poor and unprofessional. Read through their FAQ's and you'll see. Just my 2 cents.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo