1. manwich
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Conenctions refused to Yahoo servers

The last few days my primary SMTP server has been having its connections to the Yahoo MX servers denied. It's fairly high volume, sending mail on behalf of a few thousand domains, but I've been pretty vigilant in curtailing any spam problems I find. Generally if spam starts being broadcast [usually due to a compromised password or application] and Yahoo blocks us before I get a handle on it it's with 421 deferrals and error codes that can be referenced on their postmaster info site.

Has this been happening to anyone else recently?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yahoo has a bulk mail form i believe that you should fill out if you plan on sending lots of mail to yahoo.

additionally , consider employing the use of domain keys or DKIM signing in your outgoing mail -- your yahoo mailout success ratio will increase dramatically , if you haven't already.
  5. manwich
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Neither are really applicable as we're an ISP and it's our [quite frankly] moron customers that are sending out everything between personal/corporate email, newsletters/ads, and flat out spam. We immediately suspend and/or terminate accounts found to be spamming, but it does happen either intentionally, or via compromised servers or applications. By all logic we should not be whitelisted, but I just want to stay off the blacklist.

Anyhow, since I had posted this a few months ago our problems with Yahoo seem to have gone away, so hopefully this was just a transient issue.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo