1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow email backup and autoadd signature

Hello ppl,

I have some questions for you, hope you can help me .

I have an reseler account for hosting sites ... and around 10 clients , they have Cpanel , I have WHM for administration.

Now my questions :

#1 how can I make a backup of all emails , for every client ? or can I doo this ??? ... is there a tool or something ??

#2 can I add on all emails sent from a specific email adress a note on the bottom of the message ?? this you can see it on free emails services, they add a sponsor note on the bottom of the emails.

10x in advance

see ya all
    Check this to see some nice 360 panormaic images from Sibiu. [ Quick Time required ! ] , visit Sibiu website to find out what's happening in Sibiu, or visit our forum from this adress :Sibiu forum
    Luxury Gadgets - The finest expression of luxury
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You didn't even tell us which MTA and the mails physical location.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't understand why do you need that information, and I didn't understand very well what MTA means, I think is Mail Transport Agent but please corect me if I'm wrong !

I see in email headers this

esmtp (Exim 4.24)

I think this is the MTA .

...and the mails physical location.
    aaa ... what do you mean by the physical location ???

where the server is ??? - > USA
    where the emails are stored ??? -> in mail directory from the root of my site, with the file manager from the c panel I can see the structure of the mail directory *(inbox ... ) but I can't see what's inside ... probably this is normal.

hope those info's helps you to help me

10x

see ya
    Check this to see some nice 360 panormaic images from Sibiu. [ Quick Time required ! ] , visit Sibiu website to find out what's happening in Sibiu, or visit our forum from this adress :Sibiu forum
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

>> I don't understand why do you need that information

Because you didn't provide sufficient info for us to answer either one of your questions. You didn't even tell us which mail server (MTA) and which OS. Additionally you didn't even tell us whether you host them yourself or elsewhere (that's why I asked for physical location), and what kind of administrative access do you have beside using Cpanel. Cpanel tells nothing.

#1) You're not using Maildir format, then you just have to write a script and perform email parsing. There is probably no tool for that, you just have to write your own script

#2) You will need to wait for a exim helper to answer this. If you run qmail, you just have to invoke a custom script with higher priority right at QMAIL_QUEUE.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

which mail server (MTA) and which OS
    some details about the OS and stuff

Operating system: Linux
    Kernel version: 2.4.20-19.7
    Apache version: 1.3.28 (Unix)
    PERL version: 5.6.1
    PHP version: 4.3.2
    MySQL version: 4.0.15-standard
    cPanel Build: 8.5.3-STABLE 3----| for my clients
    Theme cPanel X v2.2.5------------|

WHM 8.5.1 cPanel 8.5.3-S3-------| my whm control panel
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1.1-------|

from whm (in service status page ) I saw two entries about the email service :
    exim (exim-4.24-30_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2)
    exim-26

I bought an reseler account from the net, so I don't own the server, there are more than 100 sites hosted on that server, I have 10 sites there.

#1) You're not using Maildir format, then you just have to write a script and perform email parsing. There is probably no tool for that, you just have to write your own script
    I have some knowledge aboput php and mysql, but nothing else (perl, cgi ... ) and it's ok for me to work with php ... but I need a start because I don't know where I can find the emails, in a database ?? You told me that I don't have "Maildir format" I should understand that my emails are not phisicaly stored in mail directory from my site root ??
    The best way for me it's a script because I don't know linux at all , so telnet or other methotds to comunicate with the server it's hard for me and I don't have enough free time to start learning.

Maibe you wonder why I want email backup?? ... It's true that I never lost my emails, or my clients emails because a server hack or something like this, but I want to have more protection than the server is giving me.
    I saw in cpanel the option backup, it is very usefull, I make backup of my database all the time and thanks to gz compresion I have to download only 500k, the db is about 6 M uncompressed.

I was thinking that maibe somebody made a tool like that for email, or maibe it's not complicate to do the backup, but now I see that is not so simple to make a backup of all emails from an account

10x anyway for your advices

see ya all
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

,now I found something interesting ... I alwais loocked for the mail directory from my public_html directory, but never from the root of my accounts, where i have more directories, one of them is mail in that directory is an subdirectory with every email adres name, and in that directory a file inbox, just inbox , no extension.

I f I make a copy of all that directory, "mail" ,from time to time.. it is ok ??? If I upload the directory when something bad happents, hope never , the emails will be functional ... or not ??

10x

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo