1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Email Server monitor

Hi everyone,
    I im having a little trouble with my my sendmail server, it goes down every so often. My company depends a lot on our email and if this happens i need to know right away so i can take care of it.

Anyone know of a service that can do constant checks on my server and notify my upon any problems? I'd like a free or low cost program if possible
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by etabush
    Hi everyone,
    I im having a little trouble with my my sendmail server, it goes down every so often. My company depends a lot on our email and if this happens i need to know right away so i can take care of it.

Anyone know of a service that can do constant checks on my server and notify my upon any problems? I'd like a free or low cost program if possible
    Keep Alive 2
    Pingdom
    host-tracker
    hyperspin

(I have absolutely no affiliation with any of the above, nor have I actually used them. Just possible solutions I've come across in the past.)
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks ill give them a try and let you know how it goes.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by etabush
    Hi everyone,

siteuptime , site24x7 i think offer free monitoring alternatives with their basic service.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you,
    I have tried a few of these. Most of them monitor my pinging my server. The problem with a ping is it will sometimes see an error but not always. Will email servers the inbound and outbound capability often goes down and is not seen by a simple ping. Im looking for something similar to mailive.com but better priced and more simple to use.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo