1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Event ID 2090 MSExchangeDSAccess *SOLVED*

For the past couple of days I have been getting several warnings in event viewer with regards to Event ID 2090 MSExchangeDSAccess. Specifically here are a few logs:

Process IISIPM36AEE9ED-A9B4-404C-AAB9-47C98542707D -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=4384). The Configuration Domain Controller specified in the registry (DC1.Example.local) is unreachable. DSAccess will choose the Configuration Domain Controller from the list of available Domain Controllers.

Process MAD.EXE (PID=704). The Configuration Domain Controller specified in the registry (DC1.example.local) is unreachable. DSAccess will choose the Configuration Domain Controller from the list of available Domain Controllers.

I have done quite a bit of reading in regards to this subject and can't seem to find a solution. The Exchange server can ping the DC it's referencing, I tested DNS by using nslookup. I ran ldp.exe and connected from the Exchange server to the DC utilizing port 389 (port listed in Exchange System Manager). I even found one MS article that stated if you have tested connectivity between the two servers you can ignore the warning?? I ran dcdiag and netdiag and all passed. The Exchange Server is W2K3 SP2 with Exchange '03 SP2. The DC is same (but obviously not hosting Exchange). Note that my Exchange server is also a DC but not the PDC. Both DCs are GC as well....if that matters.

Any thoughts out there?
    Last edited by seack79; July 11th, 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Solved
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Ok, so I managed to solve this one after spending the better part of a day on it. Follow the steps outlined here and all will be well again!

If the link doesn't work reference MS KB 328662

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo