1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Exchange server not reciveing mail NEED HELP PLS

Hello
    my router crashed so my ip chnaged and ever since it changed my exchange server isnt reciveing mail i have updated all the dns and it sends fine just not recives. no error message is given when sending to it. it just says mail has been delayed i have tried it form hotmail and gmail and few others and none of them work. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix it.

Thanks
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by jjwarr
    Hello
    my router crashed so my ip chnaged and ever since it changed my exchange server isnt reciveing mail i have updated all the dns and it sends fine just not recives. no error message is given when sending to it. it just says mail has been delayed i have tried it form hotmail and gmail and few others and none of them work. does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix it.

Thanks
    Omg.....

Ok firstly, get a static IP address from your ISP. usless you want to have spend hours propping up your mail server.

Secondly to get you into action you need to make sure your MX records (part of your DNS record) is pointing to the new IP. You said you've done that so you now need to wait a period of 72 hours for those changes to take effect

If you don't get a static IP address, you'll need to do this everytime your router crashes and changes the IP assigned to it by your ISP.

Mail server 101 mate...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by babyb
    Omg.....

Ok firstly, get a static IP address from your ISP. usless you want to have spend hours propping up your mail server.

Secondly to get you into action you need to make sure your MX records (part of your DNS record) is pointing to the new IP. You said you've done that so you now need to wait a period of 72 hours for those changes to take effect

If you don't get a static IP address, you'll need to do this everytime your router crashes and changes the IP assigned to it by your ISP.

Mail server 101 mate...

HI again rite ye the mx record is resolving from dnstuff.com which means it has updated but iam still not receiving mail
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by jjwarr
    HI again rite ye the mx record is resolving from dnstuff.com which means it has updated but iam still not receiving mail
    so whats happening with port 25 as far as your firwall is concerned?
    Is port 25 open or fowarded to the correct IP?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo