1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FirstClass Mail Server

Hi,

I have set up my first class mail server but I am unsure how to login to the client out with my network.

Please Help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

did you try "admin" as user and password?

Regards, Jens
  5. No Profile Picture

When I am outside of my own network the client says locating server on network and then doesnt work. So I was wonderding if port forwarding or VPN connection would work.

Originally Posted by JClasen
    did you try "admin" as user and password?

Regards, Jens
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Ah, okay - now I understand. I was wondering, what you ment by "out with my network".

Generally speaking, FC will provide services for outside your local network using a set of different connectors. The Internet Service Provider will allow for accessing your server via IMAP, POP, HTTP and such and there's even some kind of connector available for SyncML.

You will need to install this connector on a computer, which can be accessed from the internet, if you want to connect to your server from outside. You could even install the connector on your FC server, but you'd need to forward the relevant ports on your firewall/router at the edge of your network.

I never tried to use the FC client from outside the network in the rare cases I came into contact with that groupware suite. I guess, a VPN connection would be your best bet, if you really wanted to achieve that. I'm no expert on those things, though. Somebody else might be able to provide more insight.

Regards, Jens
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply. I have a bit of brother with my VPN Connection I have tried researching it on the internet but no got any ware.

Could you maybe get me advice or assistance if you can.

Thanks
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What you need is some remote Operating software. VPN is an extension of the existing network, and if you are using a NAT router requires one that supports it. Remote Operating software simply allows you to log into the remote system and take over the desktop. Any of the various VNC flavors are free. I use UltraVNC to remotely control a couple of remote servers.

J.A. Coutts

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo