Thread: Free MX handler

1. cave painting, the 1st Opn Src
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Free MX handler

I've complained about this before...AOL is 550 relay denying my emails. I use NOIP as my MX handler and they know that make me Dynamic.

Anyone have a free, or almost free, MX handler resource that will get emails thru to AOL.

Thanks,

Frog
  3. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Use your ISP's SMTP server to deliver mail for AOL customers. If you're using qmail, this is a simple matter of adding an smtproute.
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)
  5. cave painting, the 1st Opn Src
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Alex...
    >Always good to hear from you,

Thank you , I did set a SMTP ROUTE for aol.com in the QMAIL module of WebMin. { Anyone running the Qmailrocks.org pack should be using WebMin !}

It seemed to route the mail thru my ISP on an individual basis, but I set up a mailing list with the ezMlm program in the Qmailrocks pack, and ALL the aol.com address in the mailing list bounced...

So, Now I wonder if aol.com bounced it due to multiple recipients or if the multiple address nature of the mail list tripped a direct smtp send instead or routing thru my ISP. mmm....

Any suggestion, or ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

thanks,

Frog
  7. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Thank you , I did set a SMTP ROUTE for aol.com in the QMAIL module of WebMin. { Anyone running the Qmailrocks.org pack should be using WebMin !}
    It might be worth checking that this is actually in the config file. `cat /var/qmail/control/smtproutes` will tell you if this is the case.
    It seemed to route the mail thru my ISP on an individual basis, but I set up a mailing list with the ezMlm program in the Qmailrocks pack, and ALL the aol.com address in the mailing list bounced..
    What was the bounce messsage?

ezmlm sends its mail out through qmail, so any addressed to AOL addresses should go to your ISP. Check your qmail-send logs (/var/log/qmail/*) to check that qmail is indeed sending mail to AOL addresses through your ISP's SMTP server.
    Any suggestion, or ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
    See above - check your qmail-send logs. Also, what did the bounce message say? Which server was it from? AOL's or your ISP's?
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo