1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Need Help design mail server

Hi,
    I am new in learning server and I would like to get help from Masters and Pros about design Mail Server.

The scenario is : Head office 40 Staff, branch offices (25 staff, 6 staff and 1 staff)

Could someone help me to design the Mail server? and I'm also want to know what roles the server will hold, protocol and ports required, and how clients will access mail remotely?

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time learning, I would caution you against such an undertaking. Mail servers constantly come under attack, and protecting them from spammers can be a very time consuming process. You would be better off farming it out to a mail service provider. When I was an ISP, I spent more time on the mail service than any other part of the business. I eventually farmed out the spam filtering to Postini when it was still an independent company.

J.A. Coutts
  5. No Profile Picture

I would willing to learn, If anybody can direct me
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is no real design required to set up an email server; it is just a matter of selecting the correct software. The major players in this field are Sendmail, Microsoft Exchange Server, Postfix, and Exim. You will need to decide what you need for spam filtering, Web access, Mobile access, etc. You might want to have a look at Zimbra, which offers a more integrated solution. The 2 local ISP's in our area have both switched to this server to lessen the amount of effort required to setup and support email, and to support mobile devices.

Good luck!

J.A. Coutts

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Selecting the software is more difficult than learning and applying the process. I am using the software of MailEnable.com. because they are providing set-up assistance at any time. Plus they have started online assistance (live chat). you can also use the free version, to know best UI that they are offering.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo