1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help: Postfix and multiple vps

Hello

I did searched it all along the web and did not found a really good guide that I could follow.

I will try to be clear about how I need my mail server to act, and will explain how it work.

It's an email marketing service.

I got 3 servers:
    server1 - My domain server, that contains my site and database.
    server2 - It's my vps, that hold my postfix and sends mail
    server3 - My new vps server, that I want to send mails too

How those things interacts:
    My clients go to my page, hosted on server1, there they are able to upload their campaing and the email list( a simple txt file, that have all the email address)

My server2, has a cron job, that I made with php, that keeps on reading the database of server1, until it found something to send, when it found it he start sending the mail campaign to each email address on the txt file, one by one.

That work fines, with no problem at all, even sometimes getting reject by yahho, since I have a great sending demand.

What I want is to use my server3 in team with my server2, like this:
    My server2 cron job will read the txt list and when it get on postfix, postfix will handle sending the email with server2 or server3.

Is that possible, is postfix able to do that? Is there any solutions for it?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    SA(in)NE
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I sure hope that whomever you are sending out email for your clients to have opted in to their email 'campaigns'...

Aside from that, why not divide the list in half and send half of each list to each Postfix server?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo