1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help for setting up a mail server

hi
    iam a newbe of mail server if anyone could help i really appreciated. i have a dedicated box which has port 25 is not allowed to be enable. i could not send emails from a my webhosting cpanel. my server provider told me i can configure your server to listen on another port for example port 587 and relay to this port and how could i do this? i really need help
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Changing email server port

It should be really easy to change the SMTP server port in most mailservers. If not, then you can always change your Router's NAT settings to redirect SMTP on TCP port 587 to port 25 on the server/machine with your mailserver software on it.

Which mailserver are you using? We switched to Hexamail recently and it just has an SMTP Server/Network page where you can set the SMTP port directly.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi It is a long process and really need some expert mind. i have found the step by step step from blog blogs.msdn.com.
    click the below link
    PHP Code:
     SQL Server is installed in an environment where the IP addresses had not changed since the time it is originally installed.

1Open SQL Server configuration manager.

2Ensure that TCP/IP protocol is enabled

By 
    default, all the IP addresses listen the same port or ports configured in SQL Server configuration managerThe SQL Server error log will have an entry like the following:

2009-07-15 17:40:06.39 Server      Server is listening on 'any' <ipv42675].

3In the TCP/IP properties set ‘Listen All’ to ‘No’

Go to the IP addresses tab for the instanceset Enabled to Yes and TCP port number field for the specific IP address to the desired

port
    The screen will look as follows:

Restart the SQL ServerNow you should see an entry similar to the following in the SQL error log:

2009-07-15 18:03:10.58 Server      Server is listening on x.y.z.<ipv42000]. 
    2009-07-15 18:03:10.59 Server      Server is listening on x.y.z.<ipv42001]. 

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo