1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Home mail server - IP black listed due to reverse DNS issue

Just found out that my private mail server at home is listed on five-ten-sg.com:

-----------------

IP address X.X.X.X is listed here as bla.bla.1.2.3.my-isp.com misc.spam.

The misc.spam group is mostly (but not entirely) composed of entire addresses blocks that have a) sent spam here, b) have consecutive or missing reverse dns, and c) have no customer sub-delegation via either the controlling RIR (ARIN, RIPE, LACNIC, APNIC, etc) or an rwhois server referenced in the main RIR records.

In particular, X.X.X.X has reverse dns of bla.bla.1.2.3.my-isp.com. Since your domain name does not appear as the last components in any of those reverse dns names, that needs to be fixed first. Any email sent to the address at the top of this page will be ignored until that is fixed.

-----------------

I never had any issue like this before and I have no possibility to affect the reverse DNS at my ISP of course so it contains my mail server domain name.

What can I do?

Thanks for any help ...
  3. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by GoranTornqvist
    I never had any issue like this before and I have no possibility to affect the reverse DNS at my ISP of course so it contains my mail server domain name.
    Why not? Have you contacted the ISP? The ISP may be able to set the RDNS for you.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't have the RDNS showing my domain name, since I run mail servers for multiple domains on the same IP. I haven't gotten on any lists due to RDNS problems either, I believe it's pretty uncommon to get on a list because the RNDS name doesn't match the domain name.

Maybe you have some other problem that got you on the blacklist, check with the rbl site, they should have a way to identify what else got you on the list.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by GoranTornqvist
    I have no possibility to affect the reverse DNS at my ISP of course so it contains my mail server domain name.
    If you are paying for fixed IP addresses, call you ISP and ask them to set up reverse DNS entries. That is part of the standard deal.

You may have other problems.....

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo