1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mail server installing/conifg help

Hi, I am new on here but not new to programming and servers etc.

I currently own a server using ubuntu linux. I currently been trying to get postfix to work with mysql. I followed tutorials but never was able to get it working.

Here is what I want to do. I want to use a mail server that I can communicate with using php.

I want to create my own mail server interface to my website.

Where I can offer e-mail services for my registered visitors.

I was told I can do this by using mysql. I can use mysql with php to get e-mails and display them.

any good tutorials or any good places you can reference me that will explain in great detail of how to get mysql to work with postfix.

I followed about 20 different tutorials but they don't explain each step they just tell do this and do that and make mysql tables but they won't explain what those tables are used for and why you need them.

Any tips I would greatly appreciate it.
  3. They're coming to take me away

Considering we're not sure which tutorials you've already looked at, we can only guess... Try this one though:

Postfix for Dummies.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You could take a look at ispconfig as one way to go. I've had no problems with the email setup with ispconfig3.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    --Mark Twain

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo