1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Qmail not sending/processing outbound queue

Hi there... thanks in advance.

I sent an email out earlier and it went through to a remote address fine. This also with a variety of other emails. But some other ones, to various addresses, did not get sent.

Regardless, I sent a mission critical one to a gmail address which never arrived, so I checked the qmail mail queue.

I basically found about 14000 emails in queue, most of them cron job emails. I didn't know it sent out emails so I adjusted all my cron jobs to send responses to dev null instead of emails. I also used qmHandle to delete all the excess emails.

After doing that, there are about 23 emails left waiting to be processed. I checked them, and some of them are from 3 days ago!

They are to various domains, including gmail. Since I thought it may be a DNS issue I also added Google's public DNS servers to my resolv.conf just in case.

Since then, I tried using qmHandle to send the mails, but that didn't work.

I tried doing the "kill -ALRM pid" command and that also did nothing.

I've rebooted, restarted qmail, and nothing.

When i send new emails, they also do not send and wait in queue.

Does anyone have any idea why these emails are not processing and what I can do?

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Checked the maillog and seem to be getting this error:

Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection

I haven't changed anything on the server, so I'm not sure why this would be happening. I've read around and am told it's an ISP thing, but I'm with GoDaddy so I'm not sure if that's the problem.
  5. No Profile Picture

> GoDaddy Relay Limit <

Tell them to increase it and the error goes away. Server crashed recently, so in the move the relay limit does not also get moved. Points to ponder.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo