1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Single Domain Issue

I have a really weird problem with a single domain's mail server not working at all... Every other domain's mail account on the same server is working fine, and the effected domain itself is working fine however outlook is telling me that the mail server for the particular domain is dead.

The host 'mail.mydomain.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server: 'mail.mydomain.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Now what would cause a single domain's mail server to not work correctly, the domain loads fine and every other domain on the same server has working mail. I am really confused as to how this problem would come about, if anyone can provide any feedback on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. No configuration of the mail account has been altered, it was working then just stopped working. Any ideas anyone?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have the same issue going on with Outlook. I have five domains hosted on a remote (cPanel) server, and intermittantly one or two domains get the same error as you describe. Fortunately, I have a POP type webmail script running on another server. When I check the failed accounts they respond perfectly. As I said the problem is intermittant and with time goes away, just to come back again affecting a different domain.

Given the fact that the POP server responds to requests from a remote server webmail script and Outlook functions properly using other servers as well as several domains on the server in question. I have to think it's an integration or DNS problem of some sort.

If I come up with something substantial, I'll let you know.