1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs down Unable to deliver message due to being unable to connect

SMTP Server IIS 6
    One of the applications on this server is sending e-mails to users.
    With one exception all users get the e-mails as expected.
    For that exception user we get from the server’s postmaster a Delivery Status Notification (Failure): “Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server <e-mail address>”. Trying with other e-mail addresses from the same domain we get the same result.
    What is the cause of this behaviour and what should we do?
    Thanks,
    anadin
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Have the recipient domain check their dns settings, specifically the MX record, and also verify their mail server is running.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Doug G
    Have the recipient domain check their dns settings, specifically the MX record, and also verify their mail server is running.
    Thanks, we also suspect that the problem is at the recipient's server. However e-mails sent to that domain by other senders are well received.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by anadin; January 31st, 2010 at 03:50 AM. Reason: improvement
  7. No Profile Picture

Question Fatal error:1048 Column 'from_id' cannot be null

I'm a newbie and hope to find the help I desperately need . When I send an internal email and select to be notified when recipient opens the message, the recipient would get the following error when attempting to open the mail;....
    Fatal error: 1048 Column 'from_id' cannot be null in /home/wwwthab/public_html/common/classes/class_MailHandler.lib.php on line 351

I looked on line 351 and this it's what I found;.... trigger_error($this->dbObj->ErrorNo().' '.$this->dbObj->ErrorMsg(), E_USER_ERROR);
    return true;

I would like to know what would be the exact way to correct this error. I have never worked on this before and would appreciate your assistance and guidance.

I do have a second question. I'm working on a social network and would like to know what would be best way to go for a mail service, the hosting company server or google api? I'm equally interested in performance as in security....Thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo