1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Using Gmail with my domain

Hi all, I want to use Gmail as my new email client, I found it easy to use and very practical from what I do on a daily basis.

I use it with my own domain, I can retrieve emails from my POP account without any problem, but I don't want to use my domain SMTP server, the one my provider gave me since it's not reliable.

I'm looking for a way wo make it work inside Gmail. I could use Gmail SMTP server, but it put 'Email sent on behalf of' on the header, which I don't want to see.

Is there a way to get around this? I know there's some SMTP services availaible in and there that let you use their SMTP servers for a monthly fee, their servers are authenticated servers, etc. Here's one of them : http://www.authsmtp.com/

What I want to know is your advices, do you know any other service than this one that is 100% reliable and that the server is 100% safe from being tagged as spam from foreign mail servers?

Or better, if you have any other way to achieve what I want, it would be great.

Thanks a lot!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

100% reliable and that the server is 100% safe from being tagged as spam from foreign mail servers?
    There is no such thing.

You can create a Google Apps account and set it up with your own domain and use Google's SMTP servers. All you have to do is configure the proper MX records for your domain and verify that you own the domain name.

Incidentally, even Google, which probably owns more servers than any other company, still suffers service outages.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo