December 9th, 2003, 11:29 PM
MTA Switching with RedHat
Hello I'd like to switch from Postfix to Sendmail but i need the following help:
1. I need to know hwo to install/compile Postfix so that it shows up as an MTA to which I can switch via RedHat's MTA Switching GUI.
2. What exactly does this GUI do? I'd like to know for if ever I do not have a GUI available.
3. I would like to know how to setup Postfix to do SSL and SMPT Auth.
4. i would also like to know how to get Postfix to authenticate a dbase.. Preferably a MySQL Dbase, but if not OpenLDAP.
5. USe Postfix with mutliple domains and subdomains.
December 10th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Why do you care all that with postfix if you wanted to ditch it in favor of sendmail?
Here's a place to discuss your issues and problems, not a place to show you a step-by-step howto. If you have all those postfix related questions, google yourself.
December 10th, 2003, 10:59 AM
I'm just tring to learn. I googled the MTA switchign issue unsuccessfully....of ocurse in due time i'll do so again.
The other issues i was just hoping that someone who had already treaded that path would have some useful bookmarks
December 11th, 2003, 05:27 AM
I am a complete novice. I come here to learn as well. If nothing else, this is a friendly 'bump'.
I have RedHat 9 as well. I know that you have to have the mail switcher installed before you can use it. If you type redhat-config-packages at a terminal prompt
First there is a query to see what packages are installed, you will open a window similar (if not the same) to the install package selection that you had when you installed RH. You will need to select 'Server Configuration Tools' and then enable the 'redhat-switch-mail' selection. Then click 'update'.
Sorry, that's all I know, but maybe someone else can point you to your other issues.
December 11th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Ok here's the thing,
I have the MTA Switchign tool from RH installed. I also have Sendmail installed and so it shows up at the only option in the switcher.
I would just like to know how exactly i compile, Postfix since I don't have an RPM for it (or at least not the latest version RPM) , so that it too shows up in the switcher...I wouldn't want to totally screw up my mailing system.
Thank you for your response.