1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

out but not back in .. can i blame that linksys?

try to surf to my companies homepage:
    http://playersxstreme.com

assuming that the name is successfully resolved (it is from our intranet but for some reason im suspicous) you may be prompted for a password, the window which pops up may refer to our linksys firewall router, about which, until now, i was unaware contained any memory within which to store a password .. why is this in the mail server forum? well im wondering if thats also why i can send mail out from root@linux.playersxtreme.com but cannot recieve any mail ..
    could it be? :
    DNS? Linksys? mail server configuration? whats the point of these two server addys given to us by the company which sold us our T1 (outbound and inbound mail gateways) .. where do they fit in? I could really use some help here.. im in over my head at least theyre not paying me for this
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you may be prompted for a password, the window which pops up may refer to our linksys firewall router
    Your router must have remote admin enabled. Login with you password and disable it or set it to another port.

DNS Report for playersxstreme.com
    Generated by www.DNSreport.com at 04:56:09 GMT on 01 Feb 2004.

[ERROR: The parent servers say that the domain playersxstreme.com does not exist.]

From this it appears that you don't have DNS for your domain.

assuming that the name is successfully resolved (it is from our intranet but for some reason im suspicous)
    Can you access your site using your internet IP? If so, it most certainly is only DNS issue. If not, you have multiple problems.

well im wondering if thats also why i can send mail out from root@linux.playersxtreme.com but cannot recieve any mail ..
    Without DNS, this will occur. Also is your mailserver setup to receive mail for linux.playersxtreme.com or just playersxtreme.com.

Just some things to get you started. More information is really needed about your server and setup, as well as who is providing DNS. Post it and someone will be able to provide more help. Also, how long ago did you register your domainnames name servers?
  5. No Profile Picture

log into your router, deault p/w is blank, you will only get this because it isnt set up for the external interface atm, only the internal so you get it if you try view your site from inside the network.

change the port for remote admin, 8080 is popular, then, under forwarding, forward port 80 to the server, you may also want to forward 25 to it as this is for smtp.

try view your site now and it should work if you were seing the config page when you tried to view the page from inside you lan.

Dan
  7. No Profile Picture

heh, yup

yeah, for the last two days we were down altogether because thoughtless admins from yesterday didnt have the routers plugged into a surge protector, sometime that snowy night they blew, were back. thanks for the help fellas.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo