1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Installed Qmail all seemed fine ....

I have just set up qmail smtp section, all works well. The local inject works fine, local to remote works fine. I have a internal network which i added its static ip to allow relaying so I can mail direct from there to the local aliases and relay a message to anyone anywhere.

The problem comes when any one else comming from a different smtp mail server (anyone trying to send mail to any local accounts) it gets rejected because its not in the rcpthosts!

As I understand it, anyone anywhere can send mail to my public server and as long as the alias is a valid local account it should be delivered. They should only be rejected if 1) not a valid alias 2)the cheeky bastards are trying to use it as a dirty relay.

It maybe to do with the fact the fqdn got changed to a new after the install was complete with ./config-fast my.new.domain? could this have caused a problem?

I can supply any info needed to help, just specify.

Im off to bed hope some one can help ....

Thanks .
    Paul
  3. No Profile Picture

It seems that there are being rejected because qmail is returning the message: Relaying denied.
    But its not trying to relay it should be delivering it to the local account? how can any one email them? Thanks to anyone who can tell if i have a screwed qmail and a rinstall mybe in order, or if im being thick!
  5. No Profile Picture

and I have added the :allow line for access control, but it made no difference
  7. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Put the domains you want to accept mail for in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts - one per line.
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)
  9. No Profile Picture

Wink

Originally Posted by alexgreg
    Put the domains you want to accept mail for in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts - one per line.
    Well I don't think that is a solution how long can you go an adding the domain from which you want to recieve mails from.Just check whether your mail server has been configured as a master+relay or just relay.Hope that helps.
  11. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Well I don't think that is a solution
    It is the solution - that's why I posted it.
    how long can you go an adding the domain from which you want to recieve mails from
    /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts defines what domains you can receive mail to, not from. You can receive mail from any domain, but only to domains that are listed in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts.
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo