1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cant Recieve Email

Hi,

I have a problem with my mail server. I had an account with over 1000 emails in it waiting to be recieved now I put this off for a while as I only have dialup and would take some time. Now I removed the account from Outlook, and I went to re-add it and now there are no emails waiting for me to recieve. The same goes for other email accounts on the same server, it seems that it is not recieving any emails from the server at all. I have got many people to test the mail address for me by sending test emails but nothing is arriving, it logs in and checks fine apparently but it just wont recieve anything.

Does anyone know of anything that would cause this? Is there a way to check the mail servers space allocation as im thinking it could be full, is this possible? If so would it cause emails to stop arriving? If anyone could provide any information on how to troubleshoot an issue with mail not being recieved that would be much appreciated. I am using qmail, and all the accounts connect and login fine it's just that they wont get any of the emails sitting on the server. Thanks in advance...
  3. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Can you see the emails actually sitting in the mailboxes on the server? And are you using qmail's POP3 server or something else?
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Im not actually sure where the path to the mailbox directory is. If you could give me the common path to the mailbox dirs on a linux install that would be appreciated
  7. Full Access
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

With qmail they are in the user's home directory. If you chose maildir as the mailbox type, it might be /home/joebloggs/Maildir/
    If you chose mbox as the mailbox type, it might be /home/jbloggs/mbox

What's in /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery ?
    Alex
    (http://www.alex-greg.com)
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Inside the /control/ directory there is 6 files named the following :

Databytes
    Locals
    Me
    rcpthosts
    smtproutes
    virtualdomains

Neither have a file extention, they're just plain files. As for the contents of the other mail directory, I am using Plesk and it's folder structure is quite different and I was unable to find the Maildir or Mbox folder.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo