1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exchange 2003 Cannot Access mailbox or personal folders

I had our server up and running at one point. Then the machine was set up as a terminal server and ever since then I have not been able to send or receive email.

Also, I cannot access my mailbox or personal folders from outlook on another machine. The error message I get is:

"Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. You do not have permission to log on."

I am logging in as an administrator into an NT domain. There is a 2 way trust set up between the exchange domain and the nt domain. Active directory is obviously being used on this 2003 server and the exchange domain.

I did notice that the version of mapi32.dll that is in the windows/system32 directory was version 1.0.something and the mapi32.dll that is in the exchange directory under program files is version 6.0.something...could this be the problem?

I cannot send or receive email through this domain at this point. Any ideas as to what might be goin on here? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dsrt; February 11th, 2004 at 03:34 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ok, problem solved. I had the permissions set wrong and someone had gone in and turned off the smtp virtual servers. Once I set the correct permissions and turned on the smtp servers...we're back in business.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo