1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

NeonInsight 5.0.1 complete e-mail server on linux

neonInsight 5.0.1 techserv.nexuspartner.se
    I have been tested this e-mail server for the last 2 months and have nearly decided to go for it (it is not free 20 euros /per user and year)
    Very easy to install and to administrate, ldap for user registrering, smtp pop imap ical caldav (important for me having many mac thunderbird user, mobility (also important more and more iphone), the included web-client may be does not have the most modern design but everything else looks OK.
    Has anybody any experience with this product ?
    Thanks !
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by franskcat
    neonInsight 5.0.1 Has anybody any experience with this product ?
    Thanks !
    We have been running a pilot for some time and so far it looks very good. Stable, nice feature set and even a connector for our Outlook users. I especially like the single-instance storage since our experience from the pilot indicates we could save around 30% disk space which means larger quotas and less time spent on quota issues.

We will be changing systems next year and this one is at the top of my list. What clinches it for me is that the company (Swedish) behind the product was created by Volvo and Ericsson in the 80's and had one of the leading systems for large companies well into the 90's. In other words, a long history with very demanding customers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo