1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Round Trip Email Monitor

Has anyone used any of the email round trip monitors to monitor their exchange server?

Comments/suggestions?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What do you mean by round trip monitor? If you want to know if a sent mail got delivered to an internet recipient, there is no way to know that with certainty.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture

Round-trip email monitoring is where you send an email from one mail server to another, and that server sends one back to the initial server.

The different legs of the journey and the whole "round-trip" time are monitored and anything over a certain threshold (or obviously if there's no reply at all) will be alerted upon.

There are a number of online services that will do this for you, and also some stand-alone applications. I'm looking into this for us aswell, which is how I found this post.

Etabush - have you found anything useful since posting this?
  7. No Profile Picture

Hey,
    Sorry for the late response, i thought i was getting email alerts for this tread but never got them. Whiskit, yes that is what i was looking for. I found i few out there but they seem very expensive. We manage around 40+ exchange servers (each with multiple mailbox stores). The ones i found want to charge me anywhere from 20-40$ per server per month. Thats crazy!!
  9. No Profile Picture

It does seem too expensive when you're probably already paying for some sort of remote management/monitoring tool.

We use Kaseya to manage a similar number of Exchange servers. I'd love to be able to integrate this kind of monitoring into that system, but in order to do that, I may have to write my own custom solution using the Exchange Web Services Managed API.
  11. No Profile Picture

Oh no way. We use Kaseya too. We use a different service for monitoring though but they dont do this type of roundtrip monitoring.

Im considering creating my own at this point...
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by etabush
    Oh no way. We use Kaseya too. We use a different service for monitoring though but they dont do this type of roundtrip monitoring.

Im considering creating my own at this point...
    I've pretty much completed the roundtrip monitor. Let me know if you want to try it out
  15. No Profile Picture

I'd love to try this out - could you provide the details? Thanks

17. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Kaseya has recently come up with service. my friends is using this service sometimes.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo