1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Emails landing in Gmail SPAM

Friends

We're trying to set up an email marketing server for our opt-in lists.

I have followed all the email authentication protocols such as SPF, DKIM and have set proper PTR record and have also confirmed from isnotspam.com that it passes all the email authentication parameters

However, I am not being able to make our emails land in the inbox at Gmail. All the gmail accounts I send the emails to goes straight into the SPAM

One more question - I know that DKIM is the upgraded version of DomainKeys and our emails are signed with DKIM already, do I still need to configure DomainKeys, are both of these required, and if yes, then how do I do it.

Our cPanel has DKIM instead of domainkeys in the Email Authentication section and is enabled. I also tried adding DomainKeys to the DNS editor but the email headers only show DKIM-Signed

Kindly advise

Thanks a lot
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com and run a blacklist check against your domain. It's possible you got put an a RBL some time ago and need to contact whomever has you on a blacklist to get it resolved.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by seack79
    Go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com and run a blacklist check against your domain. It's possible you got put an a RBL some time ago and need to contact whomever has you on a blacklist to get it resolved.
    Hi Seack79

Thank you so much for your reply

I already did that and our IP is clean, it's in fact a new server and we have just set it up.

Another thing worth mentioning here that when the email lands in SPAM, it gives the following message

Why is this message in Spam? It contains content that's typically used in spam messages. Learn more
    Our client runs a website on local and national deals and we're trying to send out new deal notifications to our registered members.

When I login directly to the webmail of the "from" email account and send a test email to a Gmail account, it lands in the inbox, but whenever I send it from Interspire (the software we're running) it lands in spam. Even a generic email such as "Happy Birthday" also lands in spam

Gmail states under it's bulk mailing guidelines that the content needs to be W3C compliant, is it absolutely necessary to get the HTML W3C compliant before sending it?

All the authentication protocols are already in place and we've even added the precedence: bulk to the header of the emails (as per Google's guidelines)

Still no help

Please advise
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Unfortunately I don't have a ton of experience in "mass emailing". Typically the company's I've helped utilize a 3rd party for it. Sorry, was hoping mxtoolbox might show a nice and obvious RBL you were on. You can probably open a support ticket with Google's team and see if they can give you any advice.

Gmail states under it's bulk mailing guidelines that the content needs to be W3C compliant, is it absolutely necessary to get the HTML W3C compliant before sending it?
    I would assume so, yes. Again though, contact their support team can probably get you the answer.
    Last edited by seack79; June 15th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by seack79
    Unfortunately I don't have a ton of experience in "mass emailing". Typically the company's I've helped utilize a 3rd party for it. Sorry, was hoping mxtoolbox might show a nice and obvious RBL you were on. You can probably open a support ticket with Google's team and see if they can give you any advice.

I would assume so, yes. Again though, contact their support team can probably get you the answer.
    Thanks

Could you please tell me from where I can submit a support ticket. I have already posted this query in the Gmail forum

Is there a Gmail support ticketing system too? If so, please let me know

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo