Thread: Unable to Relay

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Unable to Relay

I'm sorry about the general and common topic. I am getting this and wasn't in the past. Did troubleshoot an issue before, but found an external item to fix, so all got restored. I looked through my items, and all seem fine. I can provide images of requested sections if that would help at all. I am wondering if anyone can maybe point me somewhere that just hasn't crossed my mind yet, since this seems so basic.

Currently Running Exchange 2007
    Upon attempt to send out e-mail to a friend's server:
    Code:
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:	Just a test. Delete me.
          Sent:	9/3/2013 11:42 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'service@jtgcomputers.com' on 9/3/2013 11:42 AM
                550 5.7.1 Unable to relay
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The MX record for jtgcomputers.com is mail.jtgcomputers.com. However, mail.jtgcomputers.com does not resolve as there is no glue record.

J.A. Coutts
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I've done this to him before, successfully, as anyone else currently can. I just used him to make sure it was my end, and not a blackhaus referenced server like hotmail or something. Tried a couple, n have defined it is my end. Just not sure why my server is refusing to pass my message thru... :-/
  7. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Your server is probably denying relay access. This is typical if the mail server does not trust the source of the message. I'm not very familiar with exchange so I can't really help with the configuration stuff but check around the config for relay-related settings. They may require you to login, or send from a specific IP range, before relays are accepted.

Check exchanges logs also for more details on what the issue may be.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Triple_Nothing
    Well, I've done this to him before, successfully, as anyone else currently can. I just used him to make sure it was my end, and not a blackhaus referenced server like hotmail or something. Tried a couple, n have defined it is my end. Just not sure why my server is refusing to pass my message thru... :-/
    mail.jtgcomputers.com now responds with [66.188.111.158], but it did not before. jtgcomputers.com operates their own DNS servers:
    ns1.jtgcomputers.com [66.188.111.158]
    ns2.jtgcomputers.com [66.188.111.158]
    so it looks like one server is doing everything. It is entirely possible that it is overloaded or under attack. Try again.

J.A. Coutts
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am assuming a permission item to relay, but I have the settings same as always. Even for test sake, I granted anonymous permission, with no success. :-/

There is no issue with jtgcomputers.com I've access to all. That is meerly the example one I posted.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo