September 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Domain of sender address does not exist.
I've googled and tested for days and can't fix this.
I have a server with several email accounts, and no signs of other problems. All accounts are sending and receiving fine. However, there is one mail server that replies with
I cannot send or receive to this email address.
Outgoing get stuck in queue, and no sign of incoming ever reaching my server.
I have ran dig commands and tested on dns checkers and no errors appear. Spf records are detected with no errors. Nameservers ping fine.
The catch is NO domains on this particular server can send to this email address or receive from this email address. Other servers can send and receive just fine. Not sure what else to check.
 my mta is postfix [/edit]
Last edited by nightFix; September 4th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
September 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM
The domain name (not the email address) you are having trouble with would be helpful.
September 4th, 2013, 04:37 PM
PM'd. Not sure mine is working though because all I have are a stack of unread sent PM's. Maybe dns errors on the localhost too. jk
September 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Interesting. After finding a few domains with no comm, it turns out they all have 184.108.40.206 addresses, and
logs similar to these:
[220.127.116.11] by imf29.hostedemail.com
September 8th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Well it looks like one of these name servers went down because I cannot ping them, but I can query the other servers where the content is hosted.
Yet, a different one I cannot query with nslookup because they always come back with REFUSED even with requests for recursion. This goes for several other originating ips.
I find it hard to believe I am the only one having these problems for weeks, yet, they work fine from other servers. Most of these domains are old, and should have propagated and cached long ago. I pointed my mx record to a different mail server and it goes through fine now. I am still failing to see where my problem lies.
Regardless, thanks for the help earlier.
September 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Our name servers had ns entries for the domain, then an A entry for the ns entry created by the DNS temlplate in the admin panel.
According to fastnext This created a stealth name server, and for some reason MS Exchange servers rejected some domains because of this. Not clear why, but we can send/receive email on these networks now.