1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

2 questions regarding ringtones

Hi all,
    I have 2 questions about ringtones:
    1. Poly ringtones- do most of the phones support midi SP or just nokia and few others?

2. i noticed that most of the free/pay ringtones sites dont have or show any permission from music companies for the song copyrights. is this legal?
  3. Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Evri body do it.

I have seen it too.

I have noticed a lot of same ringtones on Cellebrum.com and rediff.com (bollywood based)

I have seen it written on some ringtone websites
    "If u come across a copyright protected ringtone please email us so that we can remove it"

Its a bit confusing..
  5. Timelord
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

use the phone's content accept and profile (if it's permitted by the no) to see what each handet takes

many sites use the same library of content, many different sites use outsourced production so the same ringtone can often be found on numerous sites.

i've had records companies ask us to remove tones and we have done, i've also had record companies ask us to make tones for them....
    Andy Moore << oh no it's got a blog.....
    Over four million Legal Mp3 Downloads
    PHP developer deploying ringtones and mp3 downloads
  7. Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy How u compose Ringtones

Do u share ur ringtones with some other ringtone sites. Or how do u copyright protect your own composed ringtones, I tried many softwares but of no use, i want to learn making ringtones.

Can u help ?

I have a bulk of ringtones, nearly 1 Lakh ringtones and wallpapers, and i don't know which one is copyright protected and whose. so can i use dem on my site for free.

Confused. Totally Confused.
  9. Timelord

If in doubt leave it out.

We don't share ringtones (well not the actual binaries with anyone else) but we do supply a couple of other sites with database dumps and ordering / billing / delivery mechanisms so they can resell them that way. We process the orders for them, get the revenue and then pay them out monthly.

If you're not a musician and don't know where to start when it comes to making the tones I'd suggest you didn't bother, you'd be entering the market from behind and it would take you a lon time to build up a decent library of content.

For polyphonics you have spmidi, smaf-ma* mmf, midi, mp3 and real tones have amr, amr-wb, mff and so on so that is where it gets really confusing. It's still a lot easier than java games which I gotta confess I hate with a passion even though it's only two files, a jad and a jar but then it's which ones are for which handset, mime types, binary uploads, screenshots, descriptions, then the delivery, billing and stats for partners. Minefield...... That reminds me, I have more java games to add to our platform, I'd rather go to the dentist tho.....
  11. Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up I have no music background but even.

I have no music background but even i successfully composed a few bollywood ringtones from mp3 songs and edited dem using nokia ringtone studio and a few other softwares like Plinksoft's ringtone composer and a few others. First i changed the mp3 to wave and den i made midi from nero wave editor. and den i used a few softwares to make da midi ringtone. Yes it is a bit tedious but will try to make better next time. I even used Fruity Loops 3.0 to compose ringtones.

So i don't think so, dat U need a Music Studio for composing ringtones, Ha Ha!
    Hee Hee!
  13. Timelord

But ripping off an mp3 / cd is hardly what I'd call composing anyone can do that with a little help from download.com

All our ringtone producers have proper studio facilities and create them from scratch. We tend to use proper musicians, one of our producers used to work as a sound engineer at Abbey Road, another had something to do with a Pink Floyd tour years ago. Between the people we use there's decades of experience which can't be replicated in a bedroom!

15. Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

50% Music Directors use computer software

This is 21st Century!

Computers are in!

Traditional music is out! (devices too)

50% Music Directors use computer software for music composing.

High Quality Sound can be produced using Music composing softwares like FruityLoops.

Check out this 1, u will kick ur music director off.

And datz my challenge with some more study and learning, i will be producing better ringtones then any body, and yeah, from my bedroom.

Haha!

I will be soon launching my site at http://Mobileindya.Com

and will be providing free high quality computer software edited ringtones.

Thanks,
    Amol
  17. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by andymoo
    use the phone's content accept and profile (if it's permitted by the no) to see what each handet takes

many sites use the same library of content, many different sites use outsourced production so the same ringtone can often be found on numerous sites.

i've had records companies ask us to remove tones and we have done, i've also had record companies ask us to make tones for them....
    Do you know where can I find free zipped ringtones?
    I tried to search file sharing programs and all i found is a bunch of zipped midi files, but as completed songs and not ringtones.
  19. Timelord

knickerbocker:

LMAO - Of course I'll help you find free ringtones which you can give away. Oh, sorry, it appears I'm being both sarcastic and dillusional.

wapindya:

Let's see if you're so confident in six months time. I'm not knocking computers, I'm just knocking bedroom wannabees. All our tones are produced on computers, the difference is they're made by professionals, tested on numerous handsets, come in different formats and are licenced. I could make a midi ringtone in minutes by ripping a mp3 but it wouldn't be fully polyphonic, would work on limited phones and not be as good as one made by a pro.

As for 50% of music directors using computers, tell me one recent chart album that wasn't produced with Q-Base or Pro-Tools. - I've made audio for broadcast on packages like Cool Edit Pro and Sound Forge. If I had to go into a studio and use a quarter inch tape machine I'd use the razor blade to splice my wrists.......
  21. Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face I agree to some extent!

Well i agree to some extent but, there are a bulk of tools available which can be used to convert a ringtone from one format to another.

I am also planning to join some mobile phone content based affiliate programs for Mobileindya.Com

I will try my best to compose better ringtones. datz wat i can only say!

Aniway, thanks for the info!

Regards,
    Amol

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo