1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question how to become app developer from zero

hi all
    i dont have any degree in computer science or experience in programing, i am a networking guy i would like to learn app development from zero , whats the best approach and which one is the good to start with IOS or ANDROID
    ( which one is easier to start with )
    can you refer to some free or paid resources online training or books

any insight will be highly appreciated
  3. No Profile Picture

Don't focus on which one is easy to learn. If you really want to beome a mobile app developer then you have to focus that which OS is in trend now and future posibilities. From my point of view both are very popular iOS and Android. You can choose any one of them. As you told that you havn't any degree of computer science then you have to do certification course in mobile application development join industrial training and work on live projects. Learn basics at first. It is the best way to become a mobile app developer. You can also read from yourself, just Google and you will get 100s of materials on internet.
  5. No Profile Picture

Being interested is already the first step. I suggest you to buy a book and follow it the get the basics of programming. When you know those just start on your app, and when you don't know something google for it and try to understand it rather than copy/pasting.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you want to learn ios development first, you have learn objective c after that you are able to do anything. And if you are interested to learn Andriod development you have to grab knowledge of core java after that you can do anything in Andriod. On internet all videos, study material available just research on Google you
    will get your solution.
  9. No Profile Picture

If you already know HTML, CSS and Javascript (or would like to learn them, which in my opinion is much easier than learning iOS and Android) then I highly suggest using Ionic Framework (Ionic: Advanced HTML5 Hybrid Mobile App Framework)

I've been using it for all the apps I build and I haven't come across something I can't do with Ionic that you can do with native OS programming. Also, you'll be able to make apps for all different devices because it's a HTML5 hybrid mobile app framework. It's kind of a code what you know and learn what you don't along the way development process. And the apps look and feel just like any other apps on my device.
  11. No Profile Picture

I am getting to grips with jQuery Mobile and use tools to help.
    I am not thinking along the lines of iOS or android, rather what ports to all devices.
    That is HTML5, will have to see how it goes of course.
    I am going through various jQuery tutorials using jResponse. The tutorials are easy to follow as is the tool.
    Last edited by jamespayne; December 30th, 2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Link removed

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo