1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

App Signup: Mobile Number VS Email Address

Hi,

What is the best way to get your users to signup on your app (mobile only app). Should you get them to signup with the usual email address method OR is it better to just allow them to signup with their mobile number. I can't find any reputable articles online that cover this.

Can anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both:

01 - Signing Up With Email Address (Advantages and Disadvantages)

02 - Signup With Mobile Number (Advantages and Disadvantages)

Thanks in advance for your help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

this is just my opinion, but, I believe email address is still best way to go.
    reasoning is this: not everyone that has a mobile device, will have a mobile phone number.
    case in point would be tablets, or even the case of a mobile phone owner that only uses their mobile phone on wifi [I actually fall under the latter].
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by DonR
    this is just my opinion, but, I believe email address is still best way to go.
    reasoning is this: not everyone that has a mobile device, will have a mobile phone number.
    case in point would be tablets, or even the case of a mobile phone owner that only uses their mobile phone on wifi [I actually fall under the latter].
    Thanks for the reply. I reckon this number must be extremely small?

The problem with using email address is that you canít see which users in their phonebook are already using the app

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo